Planning Forms

Planning Permits

Application for a planning permit for projects that are subject to a Conditional Use Permit, Height Variation, Minor Use Permit, Specific Plan Amendment, Variance, or a Zone Change must be made by submitting a completed Application for Public Hearing (see link below) to the Planning division. All applications submitted will be heard before the Planning Commission at a public hearing to be scheduled based upon the Planning Commission calendar (in the Public Hearing link below) with the meeting date assigned based upon the submittal date of the application or as assigned by the Director of Community Development. Applications and fees are submitted to the Planning division located on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, 211 Eighth Street, Seal Beach, during regular business hours (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.).

Special Event Permits 

Special Event Permits are granted by the Department of Community Development, subject to an adopted City Council Policy Statement for short-term land use entitlements that would otherwise require a Conditional Use Permit or are simply not allowed by the City's Zoning Ordinance. Typical events requiring this type of permit may include:

  • Live music.
  • Outdoor dining on non-residential properties.
  • Closure of public streets (parade, running race, etc.).
  • Rental of public property for events of more than 25 persons.
  • Christmas tree lots/pumpkin farms in parking or vacant lots.
  • Block parties.
  • Closure of parking lots to set up tents/canopies/outdoor sales.
  • Rental of the beach for events.
  • Rental of the City Hall Courtyard.
  • Sidewalk sales.
  • Other Special Events as defined in the City Council adopted Policy Statement.