This website is governed and controlled by the statutes and ordinances of the State of California and the City of Seal Beach (“City”). Any use of the site shall conform with all City, State and Federal laws, rules and regulations. Unauthorized attempts to upload or alter information on this site are strictly prohibited. By visiting this site you agree that you will not use it for any unlawful activity or in any other way that would violate the terms set forth in this Policy.
Copyright and City Seal
The Seal Beach City Seal is a trademark of the City. Any use of the City Seal or other materials stored on the City’s website is prohibited without the written permission of the City. The City retains all intellectual property rights including copyrights on all text, graphic images and other content. This means that the following acts or activities are prohibited without prior, written permission from the City: 1) modifying and/or re-using text, images or other web content from a City server; 2) distributing the City’s web content; or 3) “mirroring” the City’s information on a non-City server.
The materials and information contained on or obtained from this website, are distributed and transmitted “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Information contained on this website, including information obtained from external links thereon, is provided without any representation of any kind as to accuracy and should be verified by the user. The City of Seal Beach is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the website and/or the materials contained on the site whether the materials contained on the website are provided by the City of Seal Beach, or a third party.
In addition, the City does not warrant that the functions of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected promptly. The City does not warrant that the site or its server is free of viruses or other harmful components. The City provides links to other Web resources solely as a public service. It does not endorse or recommend, and is not responsible for, any programs, activities, services, contents or products of any site to which it links.
Email and Public Notices
Communications made through electronic mail (email) and messaging systems shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
California law provides that a person or entity may request personal notice of all public hearings on certain matters. The City will provide such notice by email if the requester waives in writing the right to receive such notice by postal mail. California Government Code Section 54954.1 provides that all requests for mailed copies of agendas or agenda materials shall be valid for the calendar year in which it is filed and must be renewed after January 1 of each year.
The City of Seal Beach permits the establishment of links to external websites on the City’s official website solely in conformance with this policy. In establishing and maintaining its official website, the City does not intend in any manner to create a forum or other means by which public discourse, exchange of opinions, or discussion on issues of any nature may occur. Rather, the sole and limited purpose of the City’s website and permitted external links is to provide non-political and non-religious information of a factual nature about the City of Seal Beach including various services and resources available within and around the City, or as may be available from other governmental agencies. To avoid any perception that the City endorses or provides favorable treatment to any private person or business enterprise, no corporate or commercial logos or direct links to vendor sites are allowed. Consistent with the foregoing policy, it is the City’s policy to limit external links to the following kinds of entities and organizations:
- Other governmental agencies;
- Official websites for elected public officials, but expressly excluding websites that are associated with, sponsored by, or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party, or any organization supporting or opposing any candidate for elected office or any ballot proposal;
- Public and private, bona fide educational institutions as defined in Education Code § 210.1, or as described in Education Code § 66010(a) and (b), located within Orange County;
- Museums, libraries, historical organizations and similar kinds of established, bona fide organizations that provide cultural resources to residents and visitors of the City; and
- Chamber of commerce, Visitors Bureau, or similar nonprofit entities and organizations whose primary purpose is to provide the location, telephone number and/or description of City of Seal Beach hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions and similar resources.
Entities and organizations wishing to establish external links on the City’s official website must submit an application on a form provided by the City that shall contain all information necessary to verify the facts stated and as may be necessary to establish that the proposed link is in compliance with this policy. The Director of Administrative Services shall determine whether the requested link is permitted pursuant to this policy. Regardless of the foregoing, the City of Seal Beach reserves the right to:
- Deny an external link application as to any person, business or organization when it is determined, following review of a complete application, that the entity or organization for which application is made does not meet the criteria set forth in this policy;
- Deny an external link application as to any person, business or organization which fails to provide all required information, or fails to provide truthful information;
- Remove any external link if the nature of the organization or business to which the link relates no longer complies with the City’s external link policy; or
- Revise this policy without prior notice when to do so is deemed to be in the best interests of the City.